The amount of your wedding budget that should go towards a florist depends on a few factors, including your overall budget, the size of your wedding, and your personal preferences. Finding a highly qualified San Luis Obispo florist will be incredibly important to your wedding ambiance .
So, How Much of your Wedding Budget Should Go Towards a Florist?
In general, you can expect to spend between 5% and 10% of your wedding budget on flowers. However, if you are having a large wedding or if flowers are important to you, you may want to allocate more of your budget to flowers.
Things that you will need to consider when budgeting for a florist:
- The type of flowers you want: Some flowers are more expensive than others. For example, roses are typically more expensive than lilies.
- The size of your wedding: The larger your wedding, the more flowers you will need.
- The time of year you are getting married: Flowers are more expensive during certain times of the year, such as spring and summer.
- The location of your wedding: Flowers can be more expensive in some locations than others. For example, flowers are typically more expensive in urban areas than in rural areas.
Different Flower Arrangements Needed for a High-End Wedding
A high-end wedding typically requires a lot of flowers. Here are some of the different flower arrangements that you may need:
- Ceremony flowers: These flowers are used to decorate the ceremony space, such as the altar and the aisle.
- Reception flowers: These flowers are used to decorate the reception space, such as the tables and the dance floor.
- Bridal bouquet: The bridal bouquet is the most important flower arrangement at a wedding. It is typically made up of the bride’s favorite flowers.
- Groom’s boutonniere: The groom’s boutonniere is a small flower arrangement that is worn on the groom’s lapel.
- Bridesmaids’ bouquets: The bridesmaids’ bouquets are smaller versions of the bridal bouquet.
- Groomsmen’s boutonnieres: The groomsmen’s boutonnieres are smaller versions of the groom’s boutonniere.
- Table centerpieces: Table centerpieces are used to decorate the tables at the reception. They can be made up of flowers, candles, and other decorative elements.
- Archway: If you are having an outdoor wedding, you may want to have an archway decorated with flowers.
- Ceremony aisle runner: If you are having a traditional wedding ceremony, you may want to have an aisle runner decorated with flowers.
- Reception dance floor: If you are having a traditional wedding reception, you may want to have the dance floor decorated with flowers.
Less Flowers for a More Casual Wedding
If you are having a more casual San Luis obispo wedding, you may be able to get by with less flowers. Here are a few tips for using less flowers at a wedding:
- Use seasonal flowers: Seasonal flowers are typically less expensive than flowers that are not in season.
- Use wildflowers: Wildflowers are a beautiful and affordable option for weddings.
- Use dried flowers: Dried flowers are a great option for weddings that are being held in the fall or winter.
- Use artificial flowers: Artificial flowers are a great option for weddings that have a small budget.
Average Cost for a Wedding Florist in California
The average cost for a wedding florist in California is $2,500. However, the cost can vary depending on the size of your wedding, the type of flowers you want, and the location of your wedding.
Here are some tips for finding a San Luis Obispo wedding florist:
- Ask your friends and family for recommendations.
- Get quotes from several different florists.
- Make sure that the florist you choose is experienced in weddings.
- Make sure that the florist you choose is willing to work within your budget.
With a little planning, you can find a wedding florist in San Luis Obispo, California who can create the beautiful and memorable floral arrangements that you want for your wedding day.