Choosing the right San Luis Obispo wedding venue is one of the most important decisions you will make when planning your wedding. After all, it’s the place where you will be exchanging vows and celebrating your love with your family and friends.
Choosing the Right San Luis Obispo Wedding Venue Matters
There are a lot of factors to consider when choosing a San Luis Obispo wedding venue, such as the scheduling requirements, the size of your guest list, your budget, and your personal style. But one of the most important things to keep in mind is the schedule.
Stylized Wedding Photo Shoot:
IG Tag list:
Photographer/Coordinator – @kirstenlewis.co , https://www.kirstenlewis.co
Venue – @Higueraranch
Hair/Makeup – @ccbeautymark
Wedding Dress – @somethingbridalboutique –
Rentals – @embellishvintagerentals
Florals – @suncanyonflorals
Signs – @palette.and.pine
Drinks – @bottles.and.ice
Picnic – @mimispicnics
Bounce House- @luna.bounce
Marquee Letters – @lolasletters.cc
Sweets – @hautesugarco
Day of Coordinator – @thecelebrationco
Bride – Elise @Elise.westphal
Groom: Mark @mark_theilmann3
How Long Will You Have the San Luis Obispo Wedding Venue?
What are the scheduling requirements? This is one of, if not the most, important factors to consider when choosing a wedding venue. Many wedding venues run on tight schedules, which can add immense amounts of stress on your wedding day. You don’t want to be on too tight of a schedule as this will only add stress to an already stressful day. You want to be able to enjoy your time with your guests and not be rushed from one event requirement to the next.
Your wedding vendors will charge more if you opt for a wedding venue that requires either a late night pickup or an early morning pickup. Not only will have added stress choosing a venue with a same day delivery and pickup, but your vendors will charge more and they will be stressed to accommodate. Many vendors may even charge more for the entire event or choose to not take your event if the scheduling requirements are too difficult to accommodate.
That’s why it’s important to choose a venue that has enough flexibility to accommodate your needs. Some venues have strict start and end times, while others are more flexible. You’ll also want to make sure that the venue has enough parking for your guests.
Can You Stay Overnight at Your Wedding Venue Overnight? Will There Be Alcohol?
Another thing to consider is whether or not you want to choose a venue where you can stay overnight. Does the venue have a location for the wedding couple to stay the night? What about family and friends? This can be a great way to extend your wedding weekend and make it even more special.
Some venues even allow guests to camp out in their RVs overnight. If wedding guests will be drinking alcohol, having an overnight option is really nice to have. This can also add to the after party. You’ve vested so much into this wedding, why have to end the party early?
Is There a Place for the Bride and Groom to Get Ready?
Having a place for San Luis Obispo wedding hair and makeup as well as fun pre-wedding festivities is also important. Not only will you want to look fresh just before the wedding, but you’ll also want to relish the moment with friends and family. Having a decent pre-wedding location to mingle and prepare is a nice option to have.
Is the San Luis Obispo Wedding Venue Affordable?
Finally, you’ll want to think about the cost of the venue. Wedding venues can range in price from a few thousand dollars to tens of thousands of dollars. It’s important to set a budget and stick to it.
Are There Beautiful Photography Locations at the SLO Wedding Venue?
Is the wedding venue you are looking at going to be what you forever want in your wedding photos? Look at local venues and past photography from those venues to make sure it’s going to be a good fit for you. Many venues have shade, which can help with wedding photos in the blazing sun mid-day. Others have large, indoor locations in the event of inclement whether and/or heat. Some have vineyards and ranch scenes for a backdrop. These are all things you’ll want to consider.
Here are some tips for choosing the right San Luis Obispo wedding venue:
- Start your search early. The best venues book up quickly, so it’s important to start your search early.
- Consider your guest list. How many people will be attending your wedding? This will help you determine the size of the venue you need.
- Set a budget. How much are you willing to spend on a venue? This will help you narrow down your options.
- Visit the venue in person. It’s important to visit the venue in person before you book it. This will give you a chance to see the space and make sure it’s the right fit for your wedding.
- Ask about the schedule. Find out if the venue has any strict start and end times. You’ll also want to make sure that the venue has enough parking for your guests.
- Consider whether or not you want to stay overnight. If you do, make sure the venue has accommodations for you and your guests.
- Ask about the cost. Get an estimate of the cost of the venue before you book it. This will help you make sure you’re staying within your budget.
Choosing the right San Luis Obispo wedding venue is an important decision. By following these tips, you can find the perfect venue for your special day.
In addition to the tips above, here are a few other things to consider when choosing a wedding venue in San Luis Obispo:
- The location of the venue. Do you want your wedding to be in the city, the mountains, or the beach?
- The style of the venue. Do you want a traditional venue or something more unique?
- The amenities offered by the venue. Does the venue have catering, parking, and other amenities?
- The reviews of the venue. Read online reviews to get an idea of what other couples have experienced.
With so many great wedding venues in San Luis Obispo, you’re sure to find the perfect one for your special day. Just remember to take your time, consider your needs, and ask plenty of questions.