How to Plan a Beach Wedding in San Luis Obispo County
Planning a San Luis Obispo beach wedding wedding can be an amazing experience for both the the wedding couple and their guests. San Luis Obispo County is a beautiful place to get married, and there are many different beaches that offer stunning backdrops for your special day. Here are some tips on how to plan a beach wedding in San Luis Obispo County:
Choose the Right Venue to Host a San Luis Obispo Beach Wedding.
- Choose the right beach. There are many different beaches in San Luis Obispo County, so it’s important to choose one that fits your style and budget. Some popular beaches for weddings include:
- Cayucos Beach – Is adorable and well known for its pier, white sand, and quaint town full of local shops and food. The most common area used is the beach area on north side of Cayucos Pier.
- Avila Beach – Renowned for its beauty and private beach areas, Avila beach can make a spectacular venue. East and west sides of Avila Pier are potential wedding sites as well as Old Port Beach and Fisherman’s Beach.
- Old Port Beach – Avila Beach area
- Fisherman’s Beach – Avila Beach area.
- Morro Bay State Beach – Large boulders and open beach areas can make for amazing photos. This can also be a lovely option.
- Shamel Park and Beach – Cambria, off Windsor Drive
- Hearst State Beach – San Simeon, across from Hearst Castle
- Leffingwell Landing – Cambria, off Moonstone Drive. Cambria is another adorable beachtown that adds to the laid back, beach wedding feel. Cambria’s beaches are known for their moonstones, which could be fun for your guests.
- Moonstone Boardwalk – Cambria
- Montana de Oro State Beach – Los Osos
- Santa Rosa Creek Day Use Area – San Simeon, south end of Moonstone Dr.
- Spooner’s Cove – Los Osos
- Get a permit. In order to have a wedding on a beach in San Luis Obispo County, you will need to obtain a permit from the County Clerk-Recorder’s Office. The cost of the permit varies depending on the number of guests and the length of the event.
Contact the SLO County Beach Manager
- Contact the beach manager. Once you have obtained a permit, you will need to contact the beach manager to schedule your wedding. The beach manager can help you with things like setting up chairs and tables, and making sure that your wedding is safe and enjoyable for everyone.
Hire a San Luis Obispo Wedding Planner.
- Hire a wedding planner. Hiring a San Luis Obispo wedding planner is an insurance policy for your most special day to help things flow smoothly. A wedding planner can help you with everything from finding the perfect beach venue to coordinating all of the details.
Line Up San Luis Obispo Wedding Vendors
- Find wedding vendors. With help from your wedding planner, you will need to line up San Luis Obispo wedding vendors. This will include everything from a wedding photographer and beach rentals to possibly guest lodging and a reception venue. Fortunately, we have a long list of wedding vendors to choose from.
- Enjoy your day! Planning a wedding can be stressful, but it’s important to remember to enjoy your day. Take some time to relax and appreciate the beauty of your surroundings.
Some More Tips for Planning a Beach Wedding in San Luis Obispo County:
- Choose a date in the spring or fall. The weather is usually mild in San Luis Obispo County during these months, which makes for a perfect beach wedding.
- Be prepared for the weather. Even if you choose to get married in the summer, it’s important to be prepared for the possibility of rain or wind.
- Have a backup plan. In case of bad weather, it’s a good idea to have a backup plan in place. You could have your wedding indoors, or you could move it to a different location.
- Get creative with your decorations. The beach is a beautiful backdrop, so you don’t need to go overboard with your decorations. A few simple touches, like flowers and candles, can make your wedding look stunning.
With a little planning, you can have a beautiful and memorable beach wedding in San Luis Obispo County.