Small & Affordable Wedding venues in San Luis Obispo – The Series
Part 1: Lacey + Robert’s Elopement at the Madonna Inn & Big Sur
San Luis Obispo weddings are some of the most spectacular in the country, with their variety of views from the mountains, ranches, and vineyards, to the beach and downtown setting. However, planning a small and affordable wedding in San Luis Obispo is no easy feat. That’s why we’re starting a series where we’ll be exploring what local couples are doing to plan small and affordable SLO weddings.
A Small & Affordable Wedding Venue San Luis Obispo – The Madonna Inn & Local Beach
First up, meet Lacey and Robert, who chose to have a private elopement in Big Sur, California. Lacey and Robert have known each other for over eight years, and they met back in high school. They started their day by getting ready together at the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo. The weather was cloudy and magical, and their photographer perfectly captured this moment with photos of everything from the eclectic and charming Madonna Inn to forested shots deep in the hillside with a creek running
IG Vendor Tags:
Hair & Makeup: @tigerlilysalon
Lacey and Robert ended their day at Big Sur, with the beach behind them. They exchanged personal vows, sealed with a kiss, and celebrated their love in a truly unforgettable way.
Lacey and Robert’s elopement is a perfect example of how to find a small and affordable wedding venue in San Luis Obispo.
A Few Tips for How to Plan an Affordable San Luis Obispo Wedding:
- Choose a unique and affordable venue. The Central Coast has vast opportunities for choosing a small and affordable wedding venue. Beach weddings are a great option when you are on a budget. Big Sur is a beautiful and affordable location for a beach wedding, but there are many other great options in San Luis Obispo, such as the Avila Beach, Morro Bay, Cayucos, Pismo Beach, and more.
- Keep your guest list small. The more guests you have, the more expensive your wedding will be. Lacey and Robert kept their guest list to just a few choosing an elopement, which helped them save money.
- DIY some of the details. Lacey and Robert did much of the planning themselves, which saved them a lot of money. If you’re crafty, consider DIYing some of the details for your own wedding.
- Hire a local San Luis Obispo photographer and videographer. Local San Luis Obispo wedding vendors are often more affordable than vendors from outside the area. Lacey and Robert hired a local photographer and videographer to capture their wedding day, and they were very happy with the results.
If you’re planning a small and affordable wedding in San Luis Obispo, be sure to follow these tips. With a little planning, you can have the wedding of your dreams without breaking the bank.
Here is a great article about different types of small and affordable wedding venues. Exploring all types of venues is a great way to get ideas for planning your affordable San Luis obispo wedding.
More Tips for Planning small and affordable wedding in San Luis Obispo
- Get married on a weekday. Weddings on weekends are typically more expensive. Consider getting married on a weekday to save money.
- Have a shorter ceremony and reception. The longer your ceremony and reception are, the more expensive they will be. Consider having a shorter ceremony and reception to save money.
- Serve simple food and drinks. You don’t need to serve a five-course meal and an open bar to have a great wedding. Consider serving simple food and drinks to save money.
- Skip the wedding favors. Wedding favors are a nice gesture, but they are not necessary. If you’re on a budget, skip the wedding favors and save the money for something else.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. It’s easy to get caught up in the details of planning a wedding. But it’s important to remember that the most important thing is celebrating your love with your partner. Don’t sweat the small stuff and focus on enjoying your wedding day.