Cayucos is a charming beach town located on California’s Central Coast. It’s known for its beautiful beaches, relaxed atmosphere, and laid-back vibe. If you’re dreaming of a Cayucos beach wedding, then this is a spectacular place to say “I do.”
Planning a Cayucos Beach Wedding in San Luis Obispo
This beautiful showcased Cayucos beach wedding looks stunning in the white sand. The arch and drapery add to the beachy feel with a bohemian flare. This wedding was photographed by Burlap and Oak Photography, out of San Luis Obispo, California.
There are a few things to keep in mind when planning a Cayucos beach wedding. First, you’ll need to obtain a permit from the city. Permits are required for all weddings held on public beaches. You can apply for a permit online or by mail.
Once you have your permit, you can start planning the details of your wedding. Here are a few things to consider:
- Date and time: The best time to get married on the beach is during the spring or fall, when the weather is mild and the crowds are smaller.
- Ceremony location: There are a few different places where you can hold your ceremony on the beach in Cayucos. The most popular spot is at the end of Ocean Boulevard, where there’s a large public beach. You can also rent a private beach for your ceremony.
- Reception: If you’re having a large wedding, you’ll likely need to find a separate venue for your reception. There are a number of great venues in San Luis Obispo County that would be perfect for a beach wedding reception.
No matter how you plan your Cayucos beach wedding, you’re sure to have a memorable day. The beauty of the beach and the relaxed atmosphere of Cayucos will make your wedding day truly special.
Why You May Need a Separate San Luis Obispo Wedding Venue for the Reception
When planning a beach wedding in Cayucos, you may find that you need to rent a separate San Luis Obispo venue for your reception. This is because there are a number of restrictions on what you can and cannot do on the beach. For example, you may not be able to set up a tent or dance floor on the beach, and you may be limited in the number of guests you can have.
There are a number of great venues in San Luis Obispo County that would be perfect for a beach wedding reception. Some popular options include:
- The Madonna Inn: This iconic hotel is located just outside of San Luis Obispo and offers a variety of indoor and outdoor spaces that would be perfect for a wedding reception.
- The SLO Brew Rockhouse: This brewery and restaurant has a large outdoor patio that would be perfect for a casual beach wedding reception.
- The Central Coast Botanical Garden: This beautiful garden is located in San Luis Obispo and offers a variety of outdoor spaces that would be perfect for a more formal beach wedding reception.
No matter what type of wedding reception you’re looking for, there’s sure to be a venue in San Luis Obispo County that’s perfect for it.