Finding a qualified and reputable San Luis Obispo wedding photographer is no easy feat. Your wedding is one of the most special days of your life and as such, the photography from that day is supposed to last a lifetime. Taking time to thoroughly explore your options now can stave off any future photo catastrophes. This is why it’s important to interview and ask your wedding photographer questions before placing a reservation.
The best questions to ask your wedding photographer include:
- What is your style of photography? Do you prefer natural light or artificial light? Do you like to capture candid moments or posed shots? Do you use a lot of filters? Will you touch up images after the wedding?
- How many weddings have you photographed? Experience is important when it comes to wedding photography, so you want to make sure you choose a photographer who has a good track record.
- What are your rates? Wedding photography can be expensive, so it’s important to get a quote from several photographers before making a decision.
- What is your availability? Wedding dates book up quickly, so you want to make sure you choose a photographer who is available on your wedding date.
- What is your process? How do you work with your clients? Do you provide a shot list? Do you offer engagement sessions? Are engagement sessions included in your wedding package pricing?
- What happens if something goes wrong? Weddings are unpredictable, so it’s important to have a plan in place in case something goes wrong on your wedding day. Make sure you ask your photographer what they would do if there was a problem with their equipment or if they were unable to make it to your wedding.
What is typical pricing for wedding photography?
- Hourly rate: This is the most common pricing structure for wedding photographers. Hourly rates typically range from $200 to $500 per hour.
- Package price: Package prices include a set number of hours of coverage, as well as a certain number of edited photos. Package prices typically range from $2,000 to $10,000.
- Day-of rate: Day-of rates are a flat fee for a photographer to cover your entire wedding day. Day-of rates typically range from $5,000 to $15,000.
It’s important to note that this is just general wedding photography pricing. The exact cost of wedding photography will vary depending on the photographer’s experience, style, and location. It’s also important to remember that you get what you pay for. A more experienced photographer will likely charge more, but they will also be able to provide you with higher quality photos.
Here are some tips for finding a good wedding photographer:
- Ask for recommendations from friends and family. This is a great way to get started in your search for a wedding photographer.
- Search online. There are many websites that list wedding photographers. Also, look for accolades. An experienced photographer whose been in the industry for years should belong to local photography associations and wedding directories. You can use these websites to compare prices, styles, and packages.
- Interview photographers. Once you’ve found a few photographers that you’re interested in, schedule interviews with them. This will give you a chance to meet them in person and see if they’re a good fit for you.
- Have everything in writing. Once you’ve chosen a photographer, make sure you have everything in writing. This includes the price, the services that will be provided, and the cancellation policy.